Friday, October 3, 2008

Facts I Found Out Why Singles Remain UnMarried

Common Reasons Why Singles are not Married Yet

  1. Need to get a degree.
  2. Don't like children.
  3. Not ready for marriage. Not prepared for the transition.
  4. Career-minded.
  5. Filial responsibility.
  6. High cost of living. Cannot afford marriage. Too expensive. Expensive housing, transportation, education, etc.
  7. Babies. Stay home and quit job. A worry for women.
  8. Afraid of relationships turn sour.
  9. No life.
  10. It's all about money!
  11. Government not promoting a pro-family culture.
  12. People do not want to change their lifestyles.
  13. Must be financially-abled!
  14. Don't want to be a housewife after spending so much money and time to get a degree and to be highly educated.
  15. No time, stressed out
  16. More bills to pay
  17. Too busy and career comes first
  18. Getting married is too expensive no money for wedding dinner and honeymoon
  19. Cannot get HDB flat in the current market
  20. I am very rich and I do not want to share my money
  21. I am a good child and I have to care for my sick aged parents
  22. Hurt badly in a relationship and lost faith
  23. I am afraid of commitment
  24. I am unsure of my feelings
  25. I HAVE YET TO FIND MY INTELLECTUAL SUPERFICIAL AND SPIRITUAL EQUAL
  26. Have not found the right one
  27. many more reasons...
So tell me why are you not getting married.

I will tell you why i am not married as yet okay. Firstly, i am in my quest of building my financial fortress to provide for my future family.

That's the only reason actually. Other than that, i think i have the ready-or-not-here-i-come paradigm.

Share with me why you are still single. Leave a comment here in my blog.

A friend of mine once told me that she cannot see herself to have children and to be married soon. Some told me that they will remain single for the rest of their life. Some say they can't find the right one. Well, there's always, www.itsjustlunchsingapore.com. So no excuse for not finding the right one.? Others would tell me that they are too educated, men don't go for them. So many reasons, so many excuses. I wish to discover the real reason behind this issue.

Please assist me. So that you can help others solve this mistery.

I would like to address and follow up this issue in the aspect of personal character and mindset.

What are the personal traits which are stopping you from getting want you want?
How are you perceiving things that are hindering you from what you want?
What are the self-sabotaging beliefs that you have that forms a barrier to your desired result?


sources:
http://starblog.stomp.com.sg/post.php?blogid=894&cid=34164
http://talkback.stomp.com.sg/forums/showthread.php?s=df7f3490685eca904b8548f88940738c&t=38439&page=2
http://talkback.stomp.com.sg/forums/showthread.php?t=37215
and some other websites.

5 comments:

Umm Sofiyyah said...

Belum kahwin sebab belum jodoh?

hihihi.

lame, i know. But that's the first thing that come to mind after reading your post. =)

Anonymous said...

Seems to me that the 27 reasons u stated above are so superficial. The basic reason is 'jodoh di tangan Allah'. You can list 1001 reasons but when it's time for you to settle down (in HIS book), then it'll happen. You can have all the reasons to settle down on the other hand, but when it is not time yet, it'll never happen. But then again, people will argue then you have to put in effort. How do you define 'effort'?

Anonymous said...

Hmm... Singaporean guys are not daring enough and more than often Singapore gals are more capable and so more single and available gals are unmarried? That's the thing I can think of for the reason why :)

eusof said...

Well said umm sofiyyah, princess jasmine and anonymous!

I believe all three of you are correct.

Define effort. Interesting.

Effort, well at least to me, is to attempt many different ways until an objective is being achieved. And when all the attempts have been made (which is impossible to make all attempts as there are unlimited no. of attempts), we then leave everything to ALlah.

I also do understand ultimately that 'jodoh di tangan Allah'. We ought to bare in mind that this is the ultimate outcome.

However, we ought to also take note that there's no way you know your ultimate outcome. No?

So that leaves us to put in as much work and du'a to make it a reality.

Perhaps princess jasmine can enlighten us further?

I really wish to learn from your wisdom of thoughts. I find it intriguing and worth sharing. Thx.

Hope to hear again from you peeps!

Anonymous said...

Effort is defined as "total work done to achieve a particular end". This is the simplest of definitions of such a complex word. Effort is usually associated with motivation. I just find it rather simplistic for people to assume that all singles out there are 'perfectionist', 'choosy' etc...If you asked me, I think the problem lies with the guys. It's always easier for them to approach the gal. So word of advice 'if you like a gal, say so & don't make her wait for years' ;-) And at times, the singles are not worried about marriage but those around him/her seem more concerned. And their overly concerned behaviour may cause unecessary stress for him/ her ;-)

Disclaimer: The contents in this blog are solely the opinions of eusof and it is not intended to cause hurt or harm to anyone emotionally or mentally. You may agree or disagree with him. Forgive him for his limited knowledge and perspective. And Thank You for visiting this site. Every visitor is an honourable guest.